Sunday, May 5, 2013

Monday the 6th of May...

16.40 Warwick: Isis Blue @ 12/1 Bet365 - 2pts win

Waited for the right race for this horse quite a while now and I think Mr. Millman found and excellent opportunity for this gelding to get finally off the mark. Isis Blue came first to my attention last year, when he ran eye-catchingly on two occasions in maidens and I was really interested to see him run in handicaps. He started the season with a very strong performance in a handicap at Kempton then, where he finished 2nd in a race that didn't really favoured him in terms of pace, position throughout the race and even more so when he found it difficult to get get a gap in the closing stages due to shifting rivals. He didn't confirm this promise in his next two starts, I wouldn't read too much into these forms though as Southwell simply didn't suit him and his most recent performance came in a very competitive handicap where he was forced to race wide and without cover for a long time. He drops in class tomorrow now and also steps up to 1m which should undeniably suit according to his pedigree, as well as the expected fast ground. The handicapper dropped him 2lb and I really expect a strong performance, I think it doesn't take too much to win this race here and for that reason he looks overpriced in my mind. 

No comments :

Post a Comment