Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hoarding does the job!

Hoarding confirmed his excellent course form at Newmarket
Hoarding won it in a thriller against Tha'ir today, showing a lovely attitude! He travelled nicely, while the race was run at a good pace, he edged out to the right 3f out and got bumped by Tha'ir, who himself was battling hard. But in the end Hoarding prevailed by a head. They came miles clear of the rest of the field. 

The last two month have been really though for me and this blog, no doubt. But surprisingly, thanks to the Dawn Approach ante-post- and the last two successful bets in recent days things look a bit friendlier now again and the profit even increased by a small margin after falling a long way in the weeks before. Obviously it is still way short of what it used to be two months ago but I'm working hard to get things back on track. While things didn't really pan out for me and luck wasn't on my side either in this time, I can only blame myself for the big loss as a look through my selections made really clear where and why the loss was so heavy: Short priced horses which I backed with high stakes like 4pts+ have been utterly unsuccessful and that is obviously a real killer for profit. If I would have cut out only the three biggest three bets in the last five weeks, Fils Anges (5pts), Contributer (5pts) & Aegaeus (7pts) [all lost] everything would look much brighter. There were also a couple of 4pt bets on short priced horses which failed to deliver winners. So that is quite obviously the biggest weakness. It's something I have to stop, means I should avoid backing horses priced below 3/1. It's a simple rule, and I have to and want to follow it from now on. Even though it is not easy to stay disciplined, if you really fancy one. But I simply don't get things right with these kind of horses, and the margin for error is very small in this price section. So I stay away of it. Let's hope things normalize now anyway, as this site could do well with a few more winners...

No comments :

Post a Comment