Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thursday the 8th of November...

16.50 Wolverhampton: My Sweet Lord @ 6/1 Bet365 - 5pts win

Lightly raced sort that was massively impressive last time out here at Wolverhampton. He had to overcome the widest draw that day and almost dashed all chances with a poor start which meant he was early behind and had to use loads of energy to get back in contention with the field. He then travelled well enough in rear until turning for home when making big move on the outside and finishing very strongly. Not strongly enough to beat the lightly raced winner though and he had to pay tribute to the poor start eventually as well but he still came clear of the rest of the field. This was a massive performance in my mind meaning that My Sweet Lord is a good deal better than his actual mark. He steps down in class tomorrow but can still race of the same mark and looks for me very hard to beat in a weak race if he starts better this time. The price is way over the top and absolutely crazy. I think he should be rather a 15/8 chance or so therefore I'm slightly more aggressive with my stakes on this selection.

No comments :

Post a Comment