Thursday, March 21, 2013

Friday the 22nd of March...

 Isis Blue ran a fantastic race, finishing a close 2nd. So happy with the performance, no doubt, but it also means, however, no winner as well and therefore no further profit. So things remain a bit annoying and as much as I look forward to the start of the flat season I fear I still have to wait a while until it gets interesting there as the weather forecast is devastating...



20.30 Wolverhampton: Rocket Rob @ 8/1 Paddy Power - 2pts win

It's always unfortunate if two horses of my eye-catcher list running in the same race as it is the case in this race. Usually I swerve these sort of races eventually but there are good reasons to do otherwise here. I suppose My Son May has made it into many notebooks in recent weeks and indeed he should have a huge chance of winning this race but I burned my fingers in the past on this one and he's a shade too short in the price for me. However I also have Rocket Rob on my list and I think he's quite a huge price in contrast. I thought his most recent performance was an absolute massive one. He had the widest draw to overcome what usually is not an advantage over 5f at Wolverhampton and he also missed the break, trailing the field early on by a couple of lengths, having been hard pushed to get back into contention. He suddenly appeared to be back on the bridle from around 3f out and travelled well enough entering the home straight. He made impressive headway then until getting a clear run denied over 1f out. He had to switch to the right, lost balance and momentum as a result, but picked up again and finished strongly.  I think only a horse in good form can finish a race in a way like that under these sort of circumstances.

No comments :

Post a Comment