Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Happy Hammer!

That was some "Happy Hammer" yesterday! As our selection with the same name took the race by its horns and made a brave move 3f out kicking on turning for home. He soon came clear leading the field and never gave his advantage away even though a fast finishing rival almost spoiled the party. The Happy Hammer took advantage of his slipping mark as I hoped before the race and his drift in the betting market to 10/1 was a welcome bonus thanks to BOG. He is our third winner in the last three days, which is a huge relief and a clear turn of form after weeks and even month of despair. On a day like this it doesn't really matter that our second selection Tanojin run like a donkey. 

After all it seems likely that February could be finally a month in profit again after five disappointing losing month on the bounce. It really was a tough time, particularly most parts of the second half of 2013. Profit and ROI figures slipped dramatically and I decided enough is enough, I need a break. After a two months sabbatical time off racing I returned to action in January and things didn't improve at all, to be fair. But I knew I did good work and things would turn around eventually. I also made slight adjustments to my betting and the way I find selections. I don't want to go to much into the detail as it is still early days but I have to admit that I probably didn't take the unique conditions of All-Weather racing as much into account as I should have. I feel the last couple of days proved that I might be finally on the right road as most of my selections really run well. Long may it continue! But what is most important: After around one and a half years offering my selections and tracking their success on this site, it all is still green - so in profit! Well, not quite where I want to be, obviously. But more than 70 units profit is not too bad even though the ROI is something I have to work on. But anyone who takes betting a bit more serious than the usual gambler that you find in the bookie shops, knows how difficult it is to make this game pay in the long term. But that is what it's all about: Success in the long term, including patience and discipline. I haven't been always as patient and disciplined as I should have, but still: 289 bets, 71.37pts profit: That is long term profit. And I'm proud of it.  

The stats are updated now, and all past results are for everyone to see in this doc as usual: http://goo.gl/pT8qW

No comments :

Post a Comment