Thursday, April 4, 2013

Friday the 5th of April...

Can't say how disappointed I am yet again. I do stop betting on races Lingfield from now on as I simply have no confidence in this track anymore. It throws up so many unreliable races and forms, horses travelling in rear are doomed more often than not. Maybe I'm talking out of my pocket, but even then it's fair enough to leave races there unbacked from now on. Thanks god the flat is starts to get into full gear...


17.15 Leicester: Raging Bear @ 4/1 Paddy Power - 4pts win

This lightly raced colt caught my attention in his last two starts with two very fine performances and it was good to see him getting off the mark after a break of 100 days at Lingfield two weeks ago. He travelled nicely that day but had to turn wide and took some time to make an impression as he was probably a bit short of speed compared to the rest of the field over a distance which is very much on the short side for him I feel. Once hitting top gear he really powered home though and won it on the line in the end. I think he's a good deal better than this winning margin suggest but only if he steps up in trip. That's happening tomorrow when he tries 10f for the first time, a trip he should get on pedigree. The handicapper raised his mark by only 2lb which is very lenient in my mind and with Richard Hughes booked for the ride Raging Bear must go close I think.


17.45 Leicester: Aqua Ardens @ 9/2 VC - 3pts win

Aqua Ardens ran a huge race at Lingfield two month ago when he travelled very well in rear, made headway in eye-catching fashion approaching the home straight but found himself short of room over 1f out. He picked up nicely when finally in the clear and ran on strongly to finish 3rd. He steps up to 1m for the first time tomorrow what is really interesting in my mind as there is plenty of stamina both on the sire as well as on the dam side. So I assume Arduinna to really relish this new trip and if so then his mark looks low enough to take advantage of it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment