Friday, December 14, 2012

Statistical overview...

As I changed my betting approach completely some four or five month ago I thought it's time to take a deep dive into the stats, to analyze them and to see what went well and what not. As you may know you can find a complete statistic for all Blog bets on the left hand site of this blog or you just can click here for all past results as well of course.

What is clearly to say after all: It's working well, the blog is showing a profit, even though not as much as I hoped and the strike rate could be better obviously. That's things to work on and in order to achieve that it's important to analyze properly what has happened in the recent number of weeks. While I worked myself through all the stats I found out that I didn't have a single winner at double figure odds. Even though there were big priced horses that went close, yet they all failed to win. So this is something to address and may lead to a change in terms of what sort of prices and horses I'll have a bet on in the future. But there is something else that I found out and that's quite interesting as surprising as well. I produced some stats for the different All-Weather tracks as they were the main proposition in the last couple of weeks obviously, so it's interesting to see to how I fared at these different tracks in detail. Surprising is that things worked completely different compared to what I felt if you see the naked figures.  I always felt and said that I don't have too much confident in bets at Lingfield, in stark contrast to Kempton for example. Lingfield is a track I thought I struggle to get a grip on, particularly after they laid out the new surface. And I thought that Kempton is my favoured track, one that can be trusted and that throws up reliable results. Well, feelings and figures couldn't be more different:

So it's pretty obvious that despite thinking I wouldn't do well at Lingfield the reality stands in stark contrast to that. The strike rate is fantastic, what probably is very much down to the fact that I'm much more selective at Lingfield. Could that be hint though, that I haven't been that selective at other tracks? Well, maybe. But while the stats for Wolverhampton are decent enough - yes 'decent' is the right word I suppose - Kempton is quite disastrous actually. Well the sample rate is not big enough to draw really insightful conclusions, but one winner from ten bets, considering how often I showed some confidence in these selections according to the stakes I used, is awful. So this is something to take very much into account in the future, no doubt, if I want to increase strike rate and profit. Anyway, apart of that, it all looks not to bad overall and I hope the positive way continues. 

No comments :

Post a Comment